Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet Mrs. Becker!

My name is Mrs. Becker and I am a Science, Yearbook and BASES teacher at Sullivan Heights Secondary.  I grew up in Langley, BC wanting to be an astronaut - and then learned that becoming a Canadian astronaut is not as easy as it sounded!  But my love for science continued and I went to University to get a BSc in Biology and Physics and then a BEd in secondary education and I LOVE IT.  I can't imagine loving anything more (except maybe a field trip to the moon?)  I love travel of all sorts.  I spent last summer on a 22 state road trip across the united states - from the Pacific Ocean in White Rock to the Atlantic Ocean in North Carolina - and many things in between.  I am also passionate about photography - hence all the pictures on this blog!  I started teaching BASES in my very first semester of teaching, and have been doing it part-time ever since.  I love working and Sullivan Heights and with this class and am looking forward to an exciting year!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Becker. I want to thank you for starting this blog. I really enjoyed seeing what the kids had to say. I also love to see so many pictures of the classroom and activities. Sullivan BASES is still a wonderful place, I can tell. Ms. Thomson

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mrs.Becker,
    Thanks for sharing about what sounds like an Exciting trip across the United States! I would love to hear more some day. I also love travelling and photography. I am so Happy you are part of the BASES Teaching Team! It is Truly one of The Highlights of my Teaching Career!

    ReplyDelete